Retained Incident Response
Although organisations can take steps to reduce the risk of cyber-attacks, it’s not possible to be 100% secure against them. Securing your business against such attacks is made even harder as new security vulnerabilities and cyber-attack methods emerge daily.
small businesses experienced a breach
days to detect a breach
chance of data loss from a breach
Strengthen your security
Protect sensitive data
If a security breach happens it is vital for your organisation to have proper incident response capabilities ready at a moment’s notice to contain and remove the threat and help recover the affected systems.
The speed of action and prior preparation can make the difference between a breach having minor consequences or having catastrophic consequences.
Adhoc incident response services can take longer to resolve incidents and cost much more to procure.
Protect your business today
Security is an ongoing concern for many organisations.
IT teams can sometimes lack the skills, resources, and tooling to effectively respond to a security breach and the expertise to ensure a proper chain of custody of evidence needed for potential criminal convictions.
Bleam can offer a Retained Incident Response service to give you peace of mind that if the worst does happen, you have the right team behind you.
How our Retained Incident Response works
Detect & Respond to ongoing intrusion whilst establishing your external and internal attack surface. Identifying risks throughout your environment and receive a full report from Bleam including the root cause analysis and recommended mitigation activities.
Bleam Incident Response is 24/7/365 and our expert staff are on hand to respond. Our Incident Response services can be performed both remotely and onsite.
- Assess and document likely cyber incident scenarios
- Design incident response plans around the likely cyber incidents
- Test and adjust incident response plans through table top and practical exercises
- Quarterly review to discuss any changes in the business that could affect the incident response plans.
- In the case of any serious cyber security incidents, such as ransomware or a malicious insider attack, our digital forensics and incident response consultants will respond and deal with the attack within the agreed response times.
Bleam Retained Incident Response can protect you from a range of cyber attacks, we help you and your organisation get back to operating as fast as we can.
- Multidisciplinary team of Digital Forensics & Incident Response consultants
- Incident Response and Recovery Service
- Post-incident Investigation and Remediation Services
- 24x7 response
- Certified digital forensics consultants that can collect and deliver court accepted digital evidence. Greatly increasing the chance of criminal prosecution.
The benefits of using a retained service
Response times – Our consultants are bound by contracted response times, ensuring there is no delay in your time of crisis. With adhoc services, there is no guarantee they will be able to respond immediately, which could increase the impact of the attack.Speed of investigation and recover – Because our consultants have developed incident response plans and are already familiar with your business, they are able to carry out the response far more efficiently and effectively. Reducing the impact of the attack.
Looking for a more proactive service?
Bleam Managed Detection and Response (MDR) is an advanced and cost-effective security monitoring service which
integrates with Azure Sentinel to give you comprehensive protection from malicious activity. The MDR service will ensure someone will be proactively monitoring your Sentinel service, giving you peace of mind 24 x 7 x 365.